Great news! The Centre reopened its doors on 24 January 2022.
We hope you will be as happy as we are with the many improvements that have been made, these include:
- refurbished group fitness studio, including new TechnoGym group cycling bikes.
- refurbished gym including installation of the latest TechnoGym equipment and TechnoGym ‘Live’. Further information on TechnoGym Live can be found:
- refurbishment of the sauna area including a new sauna cabin.
- improvements to the accessible changing room.
- improved reception area toilet.
What will happen to my membership?
- All memberships suspended/frozen for the refurbishment will be automatically restarted, ready for 24 January 2022.
- If you changed your membership e.g. to a Swim only membership and wish to return to a Freedom membership then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January 2022.
- DD memberships paid on the 01 November 2021 which were then suspended on the 15 November due to the closure will be adjusted in line with any previous payments made.
- DD memberships due on the 15th of the month that were suspended/frozen on the 15 November due to the closure and restarting from suspended/frozen due on the 15th of the month will be contacted separately.
- DD memberships that were already suspended/frozen prior to November 2021 will be unaffected and not restart unless you contact email@example.com
You can still pre-book for sessions. Book online, via the Zest App or contact reception. Walk-ins will also be accepted, subject to availability, however session times must be adhered to. Gym sessions will run hourly back-to back.
The Centre's bookings will be available from Friday 21 January 2022.
Returning to the Gym
For those customers who may be anxious about returning to the gym there will be Gym Instructors available to answer any queries you may have and to help out where possible over the first few days, appointments can be booked the week after reopening for further advice but are not mandatory.
Appointments for bespoke programmes will be available to book from February 2022.
In addition to the memberships cards, there will also be new RFID Zest Easyband wristbands available from reception, also reducing the risk of lost cards. There is a small charge for the wristbands. The Easybands can be used to log in to your MyWellness account on the new gym equipment.
Health Commitment Statement
All returning customers accessing gym and fitness classes are asked to complete a Health Commitment Statement if there have been any changes to your circumstances during the closure. This can be done in the centre on arrival.
MyWellness is the Connected Wellness Experience by TechnoGym that helps you achieve your sporting, fitness and health goals in a fast, easy and fun way. With MyWellness, you can track all the activities that you do indoors and outdoors. Every physical activity you take part in enables you to collect MOVEs. These are units of measurement that you can compare with your friends, to see who is most active.
What are the benefits of the app?
- Record and track your workouts
- Scan the QR code on cardio equipment, and it will track your workout automatically
- View video tutorials on how to perform exercises correctly
- Bespoke training programmes can be assigned to you by your trainer
- Keep track of all your body measurements using the TANITA scales
- See your personal records
- Link with other popular apps such as Strava, Fitbit and Polar.
Follow the link on your smartphone to download the MyWellness app now for free, or scan the QR code: -
The access code to be entered manually in the MyWellness app is bedalelc
Coming Soon! Technogym Group Cycle Connect where you will discover a new kind of riding experience. This offers both virtual and live group cycling classes that will inspire you to move.
Fitness Classes will run for a maximum of 45 minutes.
You can find the latest timetables for the leisure centre here:
For MAX Gym Sessions (11-15 year olds) view the gym timetable.
You can find coronavirus FAQ's for our latest guidelines to keep yourself and our staff safe and healthy here:
The Zest Team.
Stay Safe, Stay Active, Stay Healthy.
You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions here:
Some work in progress pictures of the new development.
Some CGI mockup images of the new Bedale gym development.