The Transparency Code 2015 requires local authorities to publish the following information about their counter fraud work:
- number of occasions they use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
- total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
- total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud, and
- total number of fraud cases investigated.
Fraud investigation services across the council are provided by Veritau North Yorkshire Limited and the latest report is here: