Fees for planning applications and enquiries

  • Householder applications - £206 (exceptions may apply - see full scale of fees below)
  • Full Planning applications - £462 (exceptions may apply - see full scale of fees below)
  • Listed Building applications - No fee
  • Tree Preservation Order applications - No fee
  • Trees in Conservation Area notifications - No fee
  • Discharge a planning condition(s) relating to -
    • Householder application - £34
    • All other applications - £116

Pay online

You can pay online right now using our secure payment system. Make sure to select the correct service from the left-hand side.

Other payment methods

Fees can also be paid using a debit/credit card by calling 01609 779977 or by cheque (payable to Hambleton District Council) posted to:

Hambleton District Council
Civic Centre
Stone Cross
Rotary Way

You can also pay in person at the Civic Centre.

Fees for planning enquiries 

Fees for Pre-Application Planning Enquiries

  • Pre-Application Enquiry online form
  • Pre-application advice is charged in accordance with the schedule below:-


    Description Service provided Fee


     Domestic Alterations  Research and typically a 15-minute meeting and letter of confirmation  £68
     Small  1-4 dwellings or up to 499 sq m non-residential floorspace  Research, liaison with consultees, 1-hour meeting and letter of confirmation  £280

     5-49 dwellings or

    500-4,999 sq m non-residential floor space

     Research, liaison with consultees, 1-hour meeting and letter of confirmation  £561
     Additional meeting or advice for intermediate  Additional meeting and written advice  £280.50
    Major and large scale major development and development where an Environmental Impact Assessment is known to be required 50+ dwellings or
    5,000+ sqm non-residential floor space
    Research, liaison with consultees, 1-2 hour meeting and letter of confirmation £1,113
    Additional meeting or advice for major schemes Additional meeting and written advice £556.50


    Development by Town and Parish Councils for their own non-commercial purposes

    Registered Providers proposing affordable housing schemes (not as part of a mixed affordable and market housing scheme)

    Charities - development for the benefit of the public

    Agricultural buildings unless Schedule 1 EIA

    Instances of a zero or minimal application fee: Tree Works - Works solely for the improvements for people with disabilities

    If you are unsure if your enquiry is exempt from the fees please ask.

Further information

rating button