National lockdown: Stay at Home
Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives. A national COVID lockdown is now in place in response to rising infection rates and hospital admissions across England.
It is now more important than ever that we all redouble our efforts in the fight against COVID by following the guidance.
The lockdown rules are:
- You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
- You must not leave, or be outside your home except where necessary, this includes:
- Essential shopping.
- Going to work (if you absolutely cannot work from home).
- Daily exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once a day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- Attending education or childcare – for those eligible.
- Staying two metres apart from anyone you don’t live with.
- Washing your hands often and for 20 seconds.
- Wearing a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- You cannot leave your home or the place where you are living for holidays or overnight stays unless you have a reasonable excuse for doing so. This means that holidays in the UK and abroad are not allowed.
- Some businesses including, non-essential retail, hairdressers, pubs, restaurants and cafés must close. (A full list of businesses can be found in the link below)
For more information on the restrictions please visit:
Please take care and stay safe everyone.