Business awards launched
Published on Monday, 12th March 2018
Nominations for an annual awards scheme which celebrates businesses across Hambleton open today (12 March).
The Hambleton District Council initiative is sponsored by Inspired Pet Nutrition, Federation of Small Businesses, Dales of Thirsk, Proper Tasty and Northallerton Business Improvement District, recognising the range and diversity of businesses in the district, their achievements and those of the people who work for them in nine categories:
- Apprenticeship Champion – for an apprentice funded through Hambleton District Council who has developed most in the role
- Graduate Champion – for a graduate funded through Hambleton District Council who has developed most in the role
- Best Customer Service – for the business who puts its customers first
- Innovation – for the business demonstrating most innovation in marketing, design, manufacturing or performance of services
- Engaging Young Minds - for the business most engaged with schools and education in the area
- Hambleton Champion – for the business which has championed Hambleton as a place to do business
- Best BID Business – for the business who has contributed most to the BID’s values to improve Northallerton
- Vibrant Market Towns Ambassador - for the individual who has the made the greatest impact over the last year to the vibrancy of Hambleton’s market town or towns.
- The Most Accessible Business – for the individual that has created the most accessible business for customers or clients with both physical and hidden disabilities.
Nominations close on 20 May with judging running up to the awards ceremony on 3 July.
“These awards are in their fifth year and give the Council the opportunity for us to celebrate alongside the business community,” said Councillor Peter Wilkinson, Deputy Leader of the Council.
“It’s a great chance to highlight some of the people and businesses here in Hambleton. We had a great response to the awards last year. We are looking for nominations for businesses and individuals within a business – we need everyone to nominate their favourites and encourage others to do the same.”
Chris Cole from Inspired Pet Nutrition who won last year’s Innovation award added, “The award has been a boost to the business and it is important that local companies are recognised in this way. We are delighted to be able to sponsor the Hambleton Awards this year”.
Nomination forms are available on www.hambleton.gov.uk/businessawards
For more information contact Julie Hutton, Business and Economy Officer, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org 01609 767186.