Business Award launched
Plans for the final business awards to be made by Hambleton District Council are underway.
Nominations for the awards - which celebrates businesses across Hambleton - have opened. They recognise the range and diversity of businesses in the district, their achievements and the achievements of the people who work there.
Set up eight years ago this will be the last time the awards will be hosted by the district council as it merges into one unitary council with the county, district and borough councils of North Yorkshire from April 1.
“This is the last hurrah for these awards – they are a great opportunity for us to celebrate the great businesses in the area and their achievements one last time,” said Councillor Mark Robson, Leader of the Council.
“We will be able to put the spotlight on some of the people and businesses here in Hambleton that make it a very special place to live, work and do business in. It will be a very special celebration as it is our last opportunity before the new unitary comes into place.
“So please nominate your business or people that work within the business. Customers can also nominate businesses from Hambleton – we need everyone to put forward their favourites and encourage others to do the same.”
The initiative, which is sponsored by Dales of Thirsk, will be making awards in ten categories:
- Family Business of the year – for the family business that can demonstrate how the business’s expertise/individuals skills have contributed to make it a success and strengthen it for the future
- Microbusiness of the year – for micro businesses that are performing beyond what is expected for a very small business
- Service Excellence Award – for a business or individual that puts customers at the centre of its service
- Start Up Business of the year – for a business or individual that has started a business, has secured a solid foundation and has filled a gap in the market
- Sustainability Award – for the individual or business that can demonstrate how it has either been established on sustainable principles or has moved towards a more sustainable method of manufacturing, operating the business or delivery of services
- Apprentice of the year – for the District Council funded apprentice who has developed most in the role, since joining the business
- Vibrant Market Towns Ambassador – for the individual who has had the greatest impact to the vibrancy of all or one of Hambleton’s market towns
- Young Entrepreneur – for an entrepreneur aged 30 or under, who has set up a business and sets an example to other young people in Hambleton and beyond
- Innovation – for an individual or business demonstrating the most innovation with regards to marketing, design, manufacturing, performance of services
- Digital – for an individual or business that has had the greatest impact in taking forward the company into a digital age
Nominations close on 31 December with judging running up to the awards ceremony at The Forum in Northallerton on 28 February.
Nomination forms are available on https://www.hambleton.gov.uk/businessawards
For more information contact Julie Hutton, Business and Economy Officer, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.