Referendum to be held on Ingleby Arncliffe Neighbourhood Plan
Residents of Ingleby Arncliffe Parish are going to the polls next month.
They are being asked if they would like Hambleton District Council and the North York Moors National Park Authority to use the neighbourhood plan to determine planning applications in their area.
A neighbourhood plan is a new planning tool, which gives local communities a greater say in local decision-making and in the shaping of their community, determining how development takes place and influencing the type, quality and location of that development, ensuring that changes result in local benefit.
The referendum is run in the same way as a local election, with the ballot paper in this case asking: “Do you want Hambleton District Council and North York Moors National Park Authority to use the neighbourhood plan for Ingleby Arncliffe to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
It is the first of its kind for Hambleton, and takes place on Thursday 4 November at Ingleby Cross Village Hall from 7am – 10 pm.
Residents of the parish of Ingleby Arncliffe must be registered to vote at local government elections and be 18 or over on the day of poll.
To check you are on the Electoral Register and eligible to vote or to register please contact the District Council's Electoral Services on 01609 767130 or email [email protected]
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations 2012 (as amended) the Local Planning Authority must publicise the referendum for a minimum of 28 working days prior to the date of the referendum
- A number of documents (referred to as 'specified documents' in the Regulations) have been produced in order to help with the voting process. These specified documents can be viewed on the district council's website https://www.hambleton.gov.uk/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning/9 alternatively, these documents may be inspected at:
- Hambleton District Council, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Rotary Way, Northallerton DL6 2UU ➡️ Monday – Thursday 8.45 – 5.15 and Friday 8.45 – 4.45
- Stokesley Area Office, North Road, Stokesley, Middlesbrough TS9 5DH ➡️ Tuesday 8.45 – 12.30, 1.30 – 5.15 and Friday 8.45 - 12.30, 1.30 – 4.45
- The Blue Bell Public House, Ingleby Cross, Northallerton DL6 3NF ➡️ Monday- 10.00 to 12.00 and 16.00 to 22.00 Tuesday to Thursday - 16.00 to 22.00 Friday to Sunday - 12.00 to 22.00
- The Coffee Shop, The Old Joiners Shop, Cross Ln, Ingleby Arncliffe, Northallerton DL6 3ND ➡️ Tuesday to Sunday 10.00am - 16.00pm