Primetime appeal for another venue
Published on Monday, 29th April 2019
A council initiative which aims to reduce isolation and loneliness through physical activity in village or community halls is on the lookout for another venue.
Hambleton District Council has recently secured funding from Tesco’s Bags for Help to set up a new Primetime Group in an area that currently doesn’t have one.
Primetime sessions are for any age or ability but particularly those looking for social interaction. Each session combines Boccia, a game similar to bowls, and New Age Kurling, similar to the Kurling that is played on ice but using stones with ball-bearings so it can be played on a wooden or carpeted floor.
The overall objective of the scheme is that it becomes self-sustaining and run by the community. It starts with a 12 week block of coached sessions which includes the cost of a coach and room hire and the grant also enables the council to provide the group with their own set of equipment.
If you are a member of a local group and would interested in piloting a Primetime Group in your local area, please contact Joe McKechnie (Inclusive Sports Officer) on 01609 767261 or by email Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are currently eight Primetime groups currently being delivered across Hambleton who every so often meet with other groups to further their social activity:
- Tholthorpe Monday - 10am-12pm Tholthorpe Vlllage Hall
- Stillington Monday - 1:30pm-3:30pm Stillington Village Hall
- Great Ayton Tuesday - 10am-12pm Methodist Church Hall
- Topcliffe Tuesday - 1:30pm - 3:30pm Topcliffe Village Hall
- Thirsk Thursday - 9:30am-11:15am St James Church Hall
- Husthwaite Friday - 10am-12pm Husthwaite Village Hall
- Northallerton Friday - 10am-12pm Age UK, Zetland Street
- Stokesley Friday - 1:30pm-3:30pm Town Close