Private hire operators
COVID 19 update: The latest information and advice relating to licensed drivers, proprietors and operators can be found here:
All private hire vehicles must be pre-booked with a private hire operator. The contract for the hire of the vehicle is between the customer and the operator. No person or company may accept private hire bookings without first obtaining a private hire operator licence.
- New application (5 years) - £435 (minimum £50 to be paid at time of application)
- New application (1 year) - £140 (minimum £50 to be paid at time of application)
- Renewal application (5 years) - £415
- Renewal application (1 year) - £120
- Amendment to an application - no charge
Download and return the appropriate application form to email@example.com:
- Private hire operator new application
- Private hire operator renewal
- Private hire operator amendment (no charge)
Applicants must also produce a basic criminal record check obtained via gov.uk (unless the applicant already holds a relevant licence with Hambleton).
You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Please select 'Licensing' from the left-hand side: