Gambling premises

Track betting

A track betting premises licence authorises betting that takes place on a horse racecourse, greyhound track or other premises on which a race or other sporting event takes place.

Persons operating a betting premises must hold an operating licence from the Gambling Commission and must obtain a premises licence from the council.


  • New application - £1000
  • Annual fee - £612
  • Variation - £450
  • Transfer - £100
  • Provisional statement - £800 
  • Reinstatement - £100


Download and return the application form to

Pay online

You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Please select 'Licensing' from the left-hand side:

Officer decisions

Report a licensing issue




Privacy notice

rating button