Gambling premises

Family entertainment centre

A family entertainment centre (FEC) premises licence authorises the use of any number of category C or D machines.

More information on machine categories can be found on the Gambling Commission’s website.

Persons operating a licensed FEC must hold a gaming machine general operating licence (Family Entertainment Centre) from the Gambling Commission and must obtain a premises licence from the council.


  • New application - £1000
  • Annual fee - £560
  • Variation - £400
  • Transfer - £100
  • Provisional statement - £1000
  • Reinstatement - £100

Apply now

Download and return the application form to

Pay online

You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Please select 'Licensing' from the left-hand side:

Officer decisions

Report a licensing issue




Privacy notice

rating button