From 31 December 2017 the Council is required to maintain a register of brownfield land that is considered suitable for residential development. The Brownfield Land Register is in two parts. Part 1 of the Register is a list of brownfield sites in the District that are considered suitable for housing irrespective of their planning status. Part 2 of the Register is a list of sites that additionally are granted Permission in Principle for housing.
Subject to a subsequent approval of Technical Details Consent, sites with Permission in Principle will have planning permission for housing development.
Sites which are entered onto the Brownfield Land Register must meet the following criteria:
- the land has an area of at least 0.25 hectares or is capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings (there is discretion to enter smaller sites if all the other criteria are met)
- the land is suitable for residential development
- the land is available for residential development
- residential development of the land is achievable
The list must be reviewed yearly (as a minimum).
The Council is currently consulting on sites which may be included in the Part 1 register. They are as follows:
- Warehouse Buffer Depot Sowerby North Yorkshire YO7 1QY
- Austin Reed Ltd Station Road Thirsk North Yorkshire YO7 1QH
- White Horse View Copperclay Walk Easingwold North Yorkshire
Click here to see the sites on the map. The list includes sites with or without planning permission and may include sites which have been submitted for consideration in the new Local Plan.
Please note the consultation has now closed and the council are considering the representations made. The Council will consider the merits of sites that might be included in Part 2 of the Register, ie granted Permission in Principle, following this consultation and further guidance awaited from Government.
If yo uhave any questions please contact the Planning Policy Team at;Hambleton District Council