Hambleton Business Conference 2019
The Hawkills Easingwold
10 May 2019
Growing Your Business
Have you considered growing your business?
Are you already growing your business?
- What is growth?
- How do you grow?
- What is the impact of this?
- What are the risks and challenges?
The conference will:
- discuss business growth with different types of businesses sharing their thoughts on growth and how they did it
- explore what growth means to a business
- allow businesses to share stories, how they have built up the business, the challenges and how they overcame them
- enable businesses to learn from one another, discuss challenging issues and leave with ideas and solutions
- provide an opportunity to hear inspirational presentations from very successful businesses
- enable businesses to get support through speed networking with businesses and through exhibitors
Zoe Lewis Principal and Chief Executive, Middlesbrough College
Chris Wragg Marketing Director and Anthony Stones Finance Director from Inspired Pet Nutrition, manufacturers of Wagg Dog Food and Harringtons.
Hear about their journey and how the company has changed to become an award winning business.
This family company started in 1923 by Great Grandfather Harrington as a wheat trading business and then from the 1960’s the company supplied the farming community In 1990 they stopped producing animal feeds for farming and changed their name to Wagg. In 2008 Harringtons dog food range was launched with the aim of making premium pet foods affordable to as many potential customers as possible – without compromise on quality.
In 2016 they opened their purpose built manufacturing base, capable of handling 17,000 finished good pallets.
Lee Harris Hamer Entrepreneur and owner of White Horse Cleaning Services in Thirsk
Lee joined the Royal Artillery in 2008 as he wanted to gain life skills, job security, and see the world. He was deployed to Afghanistan in 2010 and again in 2012, but was later discharged on medical grounds with a back injury and mental ill health.
In just 13 short months, Lee has grown White Horse into a professional, flexible and reliable cleaning company, with services ranging from domestic and commercial cleaning to end of tenancy services.
Jonathan Elvide Director of Moonbeam, based in C4DI in Hull
Moodbeam is built on the unfortunate truth that whilst how we feel is so important to our wellbeing, it’s hard to capture, tough to talk about and often invisible. Inspired by Christina a mum’s who’s desire was to know how her daughter was feeling when she wasn’t with her. Moodbeam was created with the ambition to transform the way the world sees mood, by making it easier to understand and talk about how we feel.
Jonathan helped Mum Christina; a working journalist to take her ideas and create the tech based solution. That day Moodbeam was born.
- 9:00am: Registration, Networking, exhibitions and refreshments
- 9:30am: Welcome by Hambleton District Council
- 10.00am: Speakers
- 11.30am: Coffee
- 11.45am: Speed dating session - Attendees can pick and choose from fantastic sessions designed to help small businesses get one to one support.
- 1.00pm: Lunch and Networking
North East England Chamber of Commerce, FSB, Colin Hutson Accounting Ltd, Teesside University and Northern Skills Group
Attending this event
We anticipate that this event will be very popular so please book your space(s) now!
If you have any questions please email Roz.Caligari@hambleton.gov.uk