Gambling premises licence

Family entertainment centre

A family entertainment centre (FEC) premises licence authorises the use of any number of category C or D machines.

More information on machine categories can be found on the Gambling Commission’s website.

Persons operating a licensed FEC must hold a gaming machine general operating licence (Family Entertainment Centre) from the Gambling Commission and must obtain a premises licence from the Council.

How much will it cost to apply?

New application £1000
Annual fee £560
Variation £400
Transfer £100
Provisional statement £1000
Reinstatement £100

How do I apply?

Grant of premises licence

Variation of premises licence

Transfer of premises licence

Provisional statement

Reinstatement of premises licence


Gambling Commission Guidance

Further information

Gambling Act 2005 policy

Responsible authorities


Gambling Act 2005

Officer decisions

A record of decisions made by officers

Report a licensing issue

Online form

Pay online

You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Make sure to select the correct service from the left hand side.