A personal licence is an authorisation held by an individual which permits the sale of alcohol in conjunction with a premises licence.
How much will it cost to apply?
How do I apply?
An application for a personal licence will only be processed by Hambleton District Council if:
- the applicant is over 18 years old;
- the applicant is ordinarily resident in the district of Hambleton at the time of the application (unless he/she is not ordinarily resident in England or Wales);
- the application is accompanied by a licensing qualification accredited by the Secretary of State (details of licensing qualifications accredited by the Secretary of State may be viewed here);
- the application is accompanied by a basic criminal record check obtained via gov.uk (the certificate must have been issued no more than one month before the application date);
- the applicant has demonstrated his/her right to work in the UK;
- the applicant has produced two passport-size photographs (45mm x 35mm) taken against a light background and endorsed on the reverse as a true likeness of the applicant by a professional (guidance on who can sign the photos can be found here)
- the appropriate fee has been paid to the licensing authority; and
- the applicant has not forfeited a personal licence in the five years preceding the date of the application.
Report a licensing issue
You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Make sure to select the correct service from the left hand side.