Relevant site conditions
Each application will have to comply with the relevant site licence conditions. If you have dual purpose sites i.e. tents and touring then you may have to combine conditions. Not all conditions will be relevant and an officer can assist you with what standards you will need to comply with.
The list below link to some of the standard conditions that can be applied:-
You will need a licence if you own a camp or caravan site. You do not need a licence if:
- the site is 5 or more acres and there are 3 or less caravans there for 28 days or less a year
- you’re a member of an organisation like a caravan club and have a caravan exemption certificate
- your site is approved by an organisation with a caravan exemption certificate
- your site is used for a social get-together of caravan club members (a ‘rally’)
- you may not need a licence if the site is for forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers)
How much does it cost to apply?
Holiday, touring and tent site licenses are free. Charges only apply to park homes or permanent residential sites as follows:
- initial licence fee - £55per pitch
- transfer or standard amendment fee - £275
- annual fee - £14 per pitch
- site extension amendment fee - £28 per pitch
- fee for depositing site rules - £30
- fit and proper person register fee - £116
- Enforcement notice - hourly rate @ £58 per hour
For further information please see our Park Homes Fees Policy.
How do I apply?
Guidance and Legislation
- Mobile Homes Act 2013
- Public Health Act 1936 relating to tents and other moveable dwellings
- Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960
- Caravan Sites Act 1968
View the Public Register for caravan and camping sites in Hambleton.
A record of decisions made by officers is available here
Report a licensing issue
Please use our form
You can pay for your licence online right now using our secure payment system. Make sure to select the correct service from the left hand side.
Currently licensed Camping and Caravan sites
The following map shows an overview of the currently licensed facilities.
Selecting a symbol will provide you with further information.