The Environmental Health Team can provide advice on a wide range of air and general pollution related issues. Further information and guidance can be found below:
- Environmental Permitting – Any person who owns a regulated facility needs an environmental permit, full guidance can be found at the following link.
- Burning Commercial Waste – Information pertaining to the burning of commercial waste can be found at here.
- Chimney Height Approval – Information pertaining to chimney height can be found here.
- Bonfires – Information pertaining to bonfires can be found here.
- Odour Pollution – Further guidance can be found at the following link.
Local Engagement and How to get Involved
There are currently no council run schemes to specifically help improve air quality in the district, however the council does encourage active travel such as walking and cycling as part of 'Healthier Lifestyles', which includes promoting information via the website on finding local cycling or walking groups and links to external websites, such as North Yorkshire Sport (www.northyorkshiresport.co.uk). The council also promotes links to external organisations such as Government and DVLA websites for reporting smoky lorries or buses in an attempt to improve air quality by local engagement.
If you have any comments or issues pertaining to Air Quality in Hambleton then please contact the Environmental Health service at the following address: [email protected]