- Property band reductions: Your property may be in a different band for Council Tax, depending on what work has been done to it since April 1991. Find out about band reductions here.
- Property exemptions: There are certain properties we do not charge Council Tax for. These are usually properties where no one lives, but you can find out more information here.
- Disabilities band reductions: If you or someone you live with is disabled, or your property has modifications for wheelchair access, you may be entitled for a reduction. Find out more here.
- Single Person Discount: If only one adult occupies a property, they may be entitled to a 25% discount. Find out more about Single Person Discount here.
- Unfurnished and second home discounts: Some types of properties, including unfurnished homes, caravans, moorings or second home may be applicable to a discount. You can find out more here.
- Pensioner age claim: Pensioners can receive a discount on Council Tax of up to 100%, but they are considered under a different scheme which is set by Government. You can find out more here.
If you are able to show good cause for the delay in making your claim for Council Tax discounts, we may be able to go back. You can find out about backdated benefits claims and how to apply for them here.
We regularly review discounts and we may make a visit to verify they should continue. Find out more here.
Report a change of circumstances
If you are receiving Council Tax discounts, you are required by law to inform us of any change to your circumstances or address here.
For further advice and information contact Customer Services on 01609 779977 or email: email@example.com