Council Tax


We will send you an amended bill showing you what you now need to pay if you have had an overpayment of Council Tax Benefit (replaced by the Council Tax Reduction Scheme on 01/04/2013). The amount will be added back on to your Council Tax bill.

You should contact the Council Tax department on 01609 779977 if you will have difficulty paying the bill . If you disagree with the reason for the overpayment or the amount, you should make an appeal in writing to the benefits section within one month of the date you were informed of the overpayment.

Pay Council Tax

You can pay your Council Tax online now by using our secure payment system