From October 2017, Hambleton District Council have limited funding to offer employers financial support towards the wages of taking on a Graduate in a new role. Employers need to complete an application form for funding, which will be assessed by a panel who make a decision.
£4000 is available to an employer who is based in Hambleton. This funding is limited and will support a maximum of 7 roles within the financial year therefore applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. Once 7 roles have been filled through the recruitment of new roles by graduates, the funding scheme will close.
For further enquiries, please contact the Business and Economy Team on 01609 767058 for a discussion about the scheme and to find out how to apply.
High level overview of the scheme:
- Small Medium Enterprises - employee headcount below 250 (or full time equivalent), turnover below 50 million euros, De Minimis limit below 200,000 euros, company credit rating within ERDF parameters
- the business trading address of the company must be located within the Hambleton District and the business must pay business rates to Hambleton District Council
- there are no restrictions on the sectors the funding can support
- the graduate internship must be for at least six months - subject to satisfactory performance of the employee - and the business must be willing to pay at least half the gross wage cost of the internship
- the graduate should be employed for at least 30 hours per week. The minimum salary is £16,000 per annum
- the scheme is open to graduates of any UK university who have completed their studies within the last three years
You can download our application form for Graduate Funding Support 2018 here;
You can download a leaflet with more information on it here;