The council undertakes searches on individual properties - usually on behalf of prospective purchasers - to identify any town planning, statutory orders, highways, housing and environmental health matters which might impact on the property.
How to order a search
All searches must be emailed to [email protected] or through an online Search Provider.
You must provide:
- the full postal address of the property you wish to search on
- the full postal address for your firms so we can invoice for the fee
- an up to date OS location plan showing the search site marked with a red line boundary
Please note we no longer accept searches by post and with cheques attached.
From 1st January 2017, there will be 20% VAT on all CON29 questions
The most commonly used fees are;
- personal search - no fee
- LLC1- £20.00
- Con29- £60.00 +20% VAT = £72.00
- total for basic search - £92.00
- Additional Enquiries - Vary in price please see fee sheet linked below
You can also download the full list of fees here;
You can find the advice from North Yorkshire County Council on completing Box C here:
The Register of Local Land Charges is available and accessible free of charge at the Civic Centre. The information to complete the LLC1 and CON29R and 0 forms is available via a computer terminal.
To book an appointment please call Customer Services on 01609 779977.
You can contact our Land Charges Officer for further information on 01609 779977.
Alternatively, Gov.uk has a helpful article called Buying a home - what you need to know