Over Christmas markets will be run as normal except for Monday 25 December and Monday 1 January which are cancelled. You can find more information on Christmas markets and events here.
Applying to trade
If you are interested in applying for a stall, contact our Technical Officer for markets:
- Technical Officer (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) - Wendy Cullen 01609 767162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northallerton (Wednesdays) - Andy Newlove - 07894 599766
- Northallerton (Saturdays) - Gurmeth 'Jimmy' Singh - 07894 599765
- Thirsk (Mondays and Saturdays) - Andy Newlove - 07894 599766
If applying outside of the above days, please email our Technical Officer email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that if you wish to sell food you will need to be registered with the local authority in your area under the registration of a food business establishment in accordance with regulation (EC)no.852/2004, see Food Business Registration Information and complete the Food Application Form.
Selling second-hand goods
Fees and market trading conditions
- Thirsk market rent
- Northallerton market rent
- Market trading conditions
- Market trader application forms
The Council works closely with the National Association of British Market Authorities to hold markets at the following places:
- Northallerton High Street every Wednesday and Saturday
- Thirsk in the Market Place every Monday and Saturday
In addition to regular markets, Farmers' markets are held at the following places:
- Easingwold Centre on the 3rd Wednesday of every month
- Stokesley Square on the 1st Saturday of every month
More information about stallholders, applying for stalls and how to contact them can be found on the Northern Dales Farmers' Markets website.
You can find more information about markets in your area on the Country Markets website.
Charity market stalls
For availability see contact details below