The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to Health and Safety Executive.
What needs to be reported
- death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises;
- death or hospitalisation of a member of the public;
- disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities;
- dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done;
- over seven day injury (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.
Do it online
Accident and incident investigation survey
In order to improve our accident investigation service we want to know what you - our customers - think. We would be grateful if you could take a few moments to complete this survey. Please base your answers on your most recent experience of this service.