Pay Council Tax now
The quickest and easiest method to pay your Council Tax or an invoice is by doing it online with our secure payment system. You will need your Council Tax reference number which can be found at the top of your Council Tax bill, or an invoice number if paying an invoice.
- Go to our secure payment system
- Input your Council Tax reference number into the field marked "Reference"
- Input how much you wish to pay in the field marked "Amount (£)"
- Press the "Add to list" button. This will add it to your shopping basket below (you can pay for multiple Council services or invoices in one transaction this way).
- When you have reviewed your payment, select a payment method from the icons below (Paypal, Visa, Mastercard etc)
- Press the "Pay" button in the bottom right. This will take you to your payment provider to complete the secure transaction.
There will be a 1.52% service charge for using a credit card or a pre-payment card to make your payment. This is to cover the cost charged to the Council, we do not make profit from it.
Other payment methods
We have four core payment methods available to pay Council Tax and other invoices; Direct Debit, paying online, telephone (24hr) or by cash and cheque.
Please note, for security reasons we do not publish our bank details. The quickest method is to use our secure online payment system to pay directly into our account.
This is the most convenient way to pay your Council Tax - just give us the details once and no need to remember to make the payments.
Please print, complete and return this Direct Debit Instruction.
Payment will be collected on 1st or 15th of the month. Please note, the optional date of the 15th is only available for Direct Debit payers. If the amount you have to pay changes we will tell you in writing and we will automatically alter the amount we collect.
Alternatively telephone us on 01609 779977 to set up a Direct Debit arrangement.
You can pay over the phone by calling our 24 hour automated telephone payment line on 01609 767230. You will need your credit or debit card details and your Council Tax reference number.
Cash and cheque
You can pay in cash or cheque at any of our offices. You can find where your local office is and when its opening times are here.
Be aware that you may incur additional charges at the Post Office and some banks.
Are you having problems paying?
If you are having difficulty making any payment we can help you by agreeing a payment arrangement with you. You should contact us immediately to make an arrangement, or find out more information about recovery action here.