Council Tax

Your account

You can see your Council Tax account online here:

See your Council Tax account here »

Paying Council Tax

The fastest way of paying your Council Tax is online:

Pay Council Tax now »

Request a copy bill

You can request a copy of your current council tax bill.

To complete this form you will need:

  • your full name
  • the full address of the property
  • your phone number or email address

Although the form requests your council tax account reference number, you can still submit a request if you do not have this information.

Request a copy bill »


The person who pays the Council Tax bill is known as 'the liable person' - see how we calculate that here.

What is Council Tax for?

Council Tax is used to pay for local services, as well as our own, it pays for services from North Yorkshire County Council, Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire and North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority.

Council Tax is linked to the value of your home and there is only one bill for each household. The basic bill assumes that there are at least two adults living in each property, if there are less than two adults living in the home the bill may be reduced.