First time gas central heating
We are working with North Yorkshire County Council to help eligible residents access funding to install A-rated gas-powered central heating in their homes.
If you live in the Hambleton area and do not have any radiators in your property, then you may qualify for a fully funded first-time central heating system - helping you reduce your energy bills and keep warm for less.
Studies show that mains gas is around 3-4 times cheaper than electricity.
The North Yorks Warm Homes Fund covers the installation of:
- an energy efficient, mains gas condensing combination boiler
- radiators in every living space
- thermostatic controls and a wireless digital programmer
There is also funding available for gas connections via Northern Gas Networks, providing residents meet the eligibility criteria and live close to other properties on the mains gas network.
YES Energy Solutions is managing the fund on behalf of us and North Yorkshire County Council. They will be checking fund eligibility and coordinating all the installations.
This fund works on a first come, first served basis and is also available in the Ryedale and Scarborough districts.
Am I eligible?
Homeowners and private renting tenants that live in a property with no central heating (e.g. rely on room heaters, storage heaters or fires) can join the fund if they meet the following criteria:
The resident receives one or more of the following state benefits:
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer's Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Child Benefit**
**income thresholds apply
A total Gross Household Income not exceeding £30,000 per annum. (Employed and/or Pensionable income and/or benefit payment):
- the property is in EPC band E, F or G
- the property is in EPC band D and is off the mains gas network, or has solid or non-standard cavity walls
- the property is in EPC band D and the resident has a health condition made worse by cold
- the property is in EPC band D and the resident is either:
- over the age of 70
- is a pregnant woman
- has children under 5
Please note that if you rent a property, then your landlord may be required to make a contribution towards the cost of the installation.
How it's funded
North Yorkshire County Council has secured funding through National Grid’s Warm Homes Fund programme to install up to 108 first time gas central heating systems. We have also provided match funding to support installations in the area.
Grants to cover gas connections can also be secured through Northern Gas Networks when required.
How to apply
YES Energy solutions is managing the fund on behalf of us and North Yorkshire County Council. They will be checking fund eligibility and coordinating all the installations.
- YES Energy Solutions Tel: 01422 880100 (office hours, 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)