Tenants' advice

Debt and arrears

If you are having problems paying your rent or other bills then don't ignore the problem, we can offer advice and assistance with regards to preventing you from losing your home. Contact our Housing Options team for advice:

Help with your rent

If you have a low income you may be able to get housing benefit to help pay your rent:

Your savings as well as your income will be used to work out whether you can get benefit and if so how much. Even if you already receive Housing Benefit, if it doesn't cover your rent you may be able to get some extra money called discretionary housing payment:


If your landlord believes that you have broken any of the rules of your tenancy agreement including falling behind with your rent, they may decide to ask you to leave the property. We may be able to help, find out here:

rating button