New Local Plan Examination
All updates about the Local Plan Examination process, timetable and other relevant information will be made available.
Our Local Plan Examination Programme Officer
Contact our Local Plan Examination Programme Officer, Helen Conlon here:
Telephone: 07568 610925
Email: [email protected] or write to:Programme Officer
PO Box 227
Key information for the Local Plan Examination
Matthew Birkinshaw BA(Hons) Msc MRTPI and Steven Lee BA(Hons) MA MRTPI have been appointed to conduct the examination.
Latest News - 4 November 2020
Due to the national lockdown rules which are due to come into effect on Thursday 5th November, the Civic Centre will now be closed to all members of the public with the exception of the Planning Inspector and the Programme Officer.
The Local Plan examination hearing sessions will now be carried out virtually. If you require further details, please contact the Programme Officer on 07568 610925 or email [email protected]
The video will be available at the examination website here:
Please see below the Inspector’s Matters and Issues and Questions (MIQs) for Examination, along with the Examination Hearing Programme and Guidance note. In response to the MIQs, the Council’s Statements and Representors’ additional Statements can be viewed in the examination library, which can be found here under "Hearing Statements".
- L001 Initial Questions for Examination
- L001a Council’s Response to Initial Questions for Examination
- Examination Hearing Programme
- Examination Guidance Note
- L002 Inspector’s Matters, Issues and Questions (MIQs)
- L002a Council’s Matters and Issues and Questions (MIQs)
The deadlines for parties to notify whether they intend to participate in the Examination Hearings, either in person or virtually, is 18 September 2020.
Other key dates for the examination are outlined below:
- 14 September 2020 – Deadline for any comments on the Matters, Issues and Questions
- 18 September 2020 – Deadline to advise me that you wish to participate in the hearings. Please clearly state whether you wish to attend in person or electronically.
- 2 October 2020 – Deadline for the submission of pre-hearing statements (for both electronic and hard copies).
- 20 October 2020 – Date of first hearing. For subsequent hearing dates, please refer to the Provisional Programme.
Please note that the examination hearing sessions will be held at the Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Rotary Way, Northallerton, DL6 2UU.
Further information is provided in the Inspectors Guidance Note but we would also advise that you check the Local Plan web page regularly in case of any changes.
The documents submitted for the examination can be found here:
Post-submission Examinaton Documents can be found here:
Printed-copies of the submitted Local Plan will be available to view at the following locations once these facilities re-open, when COVID19 restrictions are relaxed, although this may be subject to review:
- Hambleton District Council, Civic Centre, Rotary Way, Stone Cross, Northallerton DL6 2UU
- Northallerton Library & Customer Services Centre, 1 Thirsk Rd, Northallerton DL6 1PT
- Easingwold Community Library, Market Pl, Easingwold, York YO61 3AN
- Hambleton District Council Offices, Easingwold
- Thirsk Library, Meadowfields, Chapel St, Thirsk
- Stokesley Community Library, North Rd, Stokesley, Middlesbrough TS9 5DH
- Hambleton District Council Offices , North Rd, Stokesley, Middlesbrough TS9 5DH
- Great Ayton Discovery Centre, 105B High St, Great Ayton, Middlesbrough TS9 6NB
- Bedale Library, Bedale Hall, North End, Bedale DL8 1AA