New Local Plan Examination
All updates about the Local Plan Examination process, timetable and other relevant information will be made available.
Our Local Plan Examination Programme Officer
Contact our Local Plan Examination Programme Officer, Helen Conlon here:
Telephone: 07568 610925
Email: [email protected] or write to:Programme Officer
PO Box 227
Key information for the Local Plan Examination
Matthew Birkinshaw BA(Hons) Msc MRTPI and Steven Lee BA(Hons) MA MRTPI have been appointed to conduct the examination.
Latest News - September 2021
Following the Local Plan Hearing Sessions in November 2020, the Planning Inspectors have identified various amendments that they consider necessary to ensure the Plan is 'sound'. These are known as 'Main Modifications'.
The Council prepared a schedule setting out the proposed Main Modifications to the Local Plan and the Policies Map, which are considered necessary to make the plan sound. These documents, along with an associated Sustainability Appraisal of the Main Modifications and Habitats Regulations Assessment of main modifications are being consulted on for a period of six weeks from Tuesday 28 September - Tuesday 9 November 2021.
The following documents are being consulted on are:
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Schedule of Modifications to the Policies Maps
- Sustainability Appraisal of Modifications
- Habitats Regulations Assessment of Modifications
Although not forming part of the consultation, the Council have also published the following document for completeness:
Hard copies of these documents will be available to view at the Councils offices and local libraries across the district. Further details on the consultation can be found here:
To get involved in this consultation, please visit our consultation portal here:
Update on Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment
Hambleton Council has received a letter from the Planning Inspectors regarding the Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment (GTAA) (examination document L016) and the associated Pitch Deliverability Assessment (examination document L017). The main purpose of this letter is to assist in identifying possible ways forward with the examination when responding to the evidence set out in document L016 and L017. This letter can be viewed here:
The Council have issued a formal response to this letter, which can be found here:
The Local Plan examination hearing sessions have been carried out virtually. If you require further details, please contact the Programme Officer on 07568 610925 or email [email protected]
Please see below the Inspector’s Matters and Issues and Questions (MIQs) for Examination, along with the Examination Hearing Programme and Guidance note. In response to the MIQs, the Council’s Statements and Representors’ additional Statements can be viewed in the examination library, which can be found here under "Hearing Statements".
- L001 Initial Questions for Examination
- L001a Council’s Response to Initial Questions for Examination
- Examination Hearing Programme
- Examination Guidance Note
- L002 Inspector’s Matters, Issues and Questions (MIQs)
- L002a Council’s Matters and Issues and Questions (MIQs)
Documents for Main Modifications can be found here:
The documents submitted for the examination can be found here:
Post-submission Examinaton Documents can be found here:
Printed-copies of the submitted Local Plan will be available to view at the following locations once these facilities re-open, when COVID19 restrictions are relaxed, although this may be subject to review:
- Hambleton District Council, Civic Centre, Rotary Way, Stone Cross, Northallerton DL6 2UU
- Northallerton Library & Customer Services Centre, 1 Thirsk Rd, Northallerton DL6 1PT
- Easingwold Community Library, Market Pl, Easingwold, York YO61 3AN
- Hambleton District Council Offices, Easingwold
- Thirsk Library, Meadowfields, Chapel St, Thirsk
- Stokesley Community Library, North Rd, Stokesley, Middlesbrough TS9 5DH
- Hambleton District Council Offices , North Rd, Stokesley, Middlesbrough TS9 5DH
- Great Ayton Discovery Centre, 105B High St, Great Ayton, Middlesbrough TS9 6NB
- Bedale Library, Bedale Hall, North End, Bedale DL8 1AA
Local Plan Privacy Notice
This page explains how the information we collect about you in the local plan examination process is used and your rights in relation to that information.
Hambleton Councils corporate Privacy notice sets out what to expect when Hambleton Council collects personal information and your rights in relation to that information.
Any Representations received in relation to the Local Plan will be sent to the Planning Inspector. The Planning Inspectorate privacy notice provides advice about how the Planning Inspectorate will process any personal information. It is very important that you read and consider these notices carefully because they explain how your personal information will be used and stored.