Health and social care

Disabilities and support

Disabled parking permits - blue badge scheme

The blue badge scheme helps disabled people with mobility problems to access goods and services easier by allowing them to park close to their destination. You can find out about eligibility and application here:

Specialist equipment, home adaptation and aids

North Yorkshire County Council can provide access to equipment to help people overcome everyday difficulties caused by their disability or illness. Find out more on their website:

Social care assessment

North Yorkshire County Council can assess people over 18 who have, or appear to have, an illness or disability and would benefit from receiving care, free of charge. Find out more on their website:

Special education needs

All children deserve a fair start in life, and we are committed to giving every child the opportunity to reach their full potential. Find out what help is available in the district here: 

Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) transport

Children and young people with special education needs may get help with transport to school or college. Find out more here:

rating button