Financial assistance for businesses
- The Government has announced that they will be providing re-start grants to those businesses required to remain closed from 1 April until 12 April or 17 May because of the ongoing national restrictions.
There is also an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Restart Scheme for non-business rated businesses or those that may have been severely impacted by restrictions. See section below for more details
If you are eligible for this grant, and have previously been paid by Hambleton District Council, you will receive an email to advise you.
In order to receive the grant payment you MUST respond to the email and provide details that are required by Central Government.
Please look out for this email week commencing Monday 12 April.
We are aiming to make payments of these grants by Friday 16 April; please keep checking this page for updates.
It would be appreciated if you could refrain from contacting the team before 16 April to allow the work to be undertaken and make the grant payments by this date.
An application form for those that have not previously been paid by Hambleton District Council will be available from Friday 23 April 2021; please keep checking this page for updates
The following grant schemes closed at midnight on 31 March 2021
LRSG Open – for Tier 2 and Tier 3 restrictions
LRSG (Closed) Version 2 – for Tier 2 and 3 restrictions
LRSG (Closed)* Addendum (5 January - 15 February)
Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
Any applications received by the closing date will be processed in the usual way and all eligible applicants will be paid by 30 April 2021.
Grant funding for businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic is generally determined by:
- level of restriction in operation at the time e.g. Tier 2, Tier 3, National Lockdown
- if you have a Business Rates account for your business and receive a bill from Hambleton District Council. You must have been on the rating list for the relevant restriction period in force at the time to be eligible
- if your business was required to close during the restriction period or has been severely impacted
- if your business does not have a Business Rates account or receive a Business Rates bill from Hambleton District Council, please refer to the discretionary scheme - Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
The schemes in operation in Hambleton are summarised below. If you have not previously applied for the grants you must complete the relevant application form.
LRSG (Closed) Addendum 16 Feb – 31 March 2021
Type of businesses that can apply:
Business rated premises forced to close due to the national lockdown.
This form allows you to apply for separate periods that your business is eligible for and covers:
|Grant type||Application period||Tier||Days in period|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed Addendum||16 Feb – 31 March 2021||Lockdown||44|
- If you have already been paid for a period, please do not apply again
- If you are not eligible for a grant the form will not allow you to proceed
- If you have any problems with the form, save your application and email [email protected]
How to apply:
Applications close 31 May 2021.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) – Discretionary grant for National Lockdown and National restrictions
Types of businesses that can apply: For business rated and non-business rated premises. This scheme provides financial support to businesses unable to access the LRSG (Closed) Addendum scheme and for top up support to LRSG schemes whilst Hambleton is placed under National Lockdown or COVID Alert Level Tier 3.
Dates applicable: Businesses can apply for a grant that covers the period:
- National Lockdown for the 44-day period from 16 Feb 2021 to 31 Mar 2021
Applications close 31 May 2021
New applications: If you have not already applied for an ARG (Discretionary) apply here:
Applications close 31 May 2021
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Restart
This addendum must be read in conjunction with the Hambleton Additional Restrictions Scheme Guidance
In line with the Restart Grant for business rated premises announced by the Government from the 1 April, Hambleton District Council has launched an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Restart for non-business rated businesses or those that may have been severely impacted by restrictions. The grant is to support businesses restarting as national COVID-19 restrictions reduce
The ARG Restart will support non-essential retail businesses with one-off grants of up to £3,000 or support hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses with one-off grants of up to £5,000. The awards are discretionary and based on local economic needs.
The scheme is effective from 1 April 2021 and is not retrospective and no grant will be paid for any period prior to 1 April 2021
- If you have previously received an ARG for any period between 5 November 2020 – 31 March 2021, your business will be assessed for eligibility, and you will receive an email to advise you
- In order to receive the grant payment you MUST respond to the email and provide details that are required by Central Government.
- Please look out for this email week commencing Monday 19 April.
- Payments of the grant will be made within 7 working days of the response being received
The application form for new applicants to the ARG Restart scheme will be made available in due course; please keep checking this page for updates.
Further Financial Support
Business rates relief
We are in the process of sending out updated bills for those businesses eligible for the new government reliefs. Please do not contact us about the reliefs; we will issue updated bills automatically if your business is eligible.
If you have a Direct Debit set up against a business rates account, which is eligible for full business rates relief, no payments will be taken for the 2021/22 financial year. You do not need to notify us to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement.
If we do take a payment, and you think we shouldn’t have done, please let us know.
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
CBILS is a new scheme, announced by The Chancellor at Budget 2020, that can provide facilities of up to £5m for smaller businesses across the UK who are experiencing lost or deferred revenues, leading to disruptions to their cashflow. Find out more here:
HMRC Helpline for businesses concerned about paying their taxes due to coronavirus.
Other Government support
For information on the following please see the Government support for businesses page
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax Payments
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay Relief package for small and medium-sized businesses
Businesses should check for daily updates at GOV.UK and subscribe to receive email alerts to ensure they are acting on the most up to date information.