Financial assistance for businesses
- Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Omicron - Closed 28 February 2022
- Business Support Grant - Closed 18 March 2022
- Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG) - Closed 18 March 2022
If you have any queries, please contact the Business and Economy Team - email@example.com
Further Financial Support
Business rates relief
We are in the process of sending out updated bills for those businesses eligible for the new government reliefs. Please do not contact us about the reliefs; we will issue updated bills automatically if your business is eligible.
If you have a Direct Debit set up against a business rates account, which is eligible for full business rates relief, no payments will be taken for the 2021/22 financial year. You do not need to notify us to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement.
If we do take a payment, and you think we shouldn’t have done, please let us know.
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
CBILS is a new scheme, announced by The Chancellor at Budget 2020, that can provide facilities of up to £5m for smaller businesses across the UK who are experiencing lost or deferred revenues, leading to disruptions to their cashflow. Find out more here:
HMRC Helpline for businesses concerned about paying their taxes due to coronavirus.
Other Government support
For information on the following please see the Government support for businesses page
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax Payments
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay Relief package for small and medium-sized businesses
Businesses should check for daily updates at GOV.UK and subscribe to receive email alerts to ensure they are acting on the most up to date information.