Financial assistance for businesses
All grant information, below, relates to funding available to businesses up to and including 15 Feb 2021
Government has advised they will continue providing funding for Local Authorities to deliver Covid-19 business grants for as long as businesses are required to close because of the ongoing national restriction.
Once this is received by Hambleton, details will be posted on the website, so please keep checking in for further information.
Any grants for periods after 31 March 2021 will be published when we receive further Government information.
Grant funding for businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic is generally determined by:
- level of restriction in operation at the time e.g. Tier 2, Tier 3, National Lockdown
- if you have a Business Rates account for your business and receive a bill from Hambleton District Council. You must have been on the rating list for the relevant restriction period in force at the time to be eligible
- if your business was required to close during the restriction period or has been severely impacted
- if your business does not have a Business Rates account or receive a Business Rates bill from Hambleton District Council, please refer to the discretionary schemes - mainly Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
The schemes in operation in Hambleton during the relevant restrictions are summarised below. If you have not previously applied for the grants you must complete the relevant application form.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)* Addendum and LRSG (Closed) Version 2 – for Tier 2 and 3 restrictions
- Additional Restrictions Grant (Discretionary)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) Tier 2/3
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)
- Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs
LRSG (Closed) Addendum and LRSG (Closed) Version 2 – for Tier 2 and 3 restrictions
Type of businesses that can apply:
Business rated premises forced to close due to the national lockdown.
Business rated premises mandated to close under Tier 2 and Tier 3 such as wet led pubs. Businesses need to be closed for the full 14 day and 5-day periods.
This form allows you to apply for separate periods that your business is eligible for and covers:
|Grant type||Application period||Tier||Days in period|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed||2 Dec - 15 Dec 2020||Tier 2||14|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed||16 Dec - 29 Dec 2020||Tier 2||14|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed||31 Dec 2020 - 4 Jan 2021||Tier 3||5|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed Addendum||5 Nov - 2 Dec 2020||Lockdown||28|
|Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed Addendum||5 Jan - 15 Feb 2021||Lockdown||42|
*A further grant allocation under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum 16 Feb – 31 March 2021 (44 days) will be made to all Local Authorities. Details on how to apply for this period of funding will be made available in due course – please keep checking this page for further information*
- If you have already been paid for a period, please do not apply again
- If you are not eligible for a grant the form will not allow you to proceed
- If you have any problems with the form, save your application and email [email protected]
*New application form for LRSG (Closed) Addendum and LRSG (Closed) Version 2 – for Tier 2 and 3 restrictions*
How to apply:
Applications close 31 March 2021.
Closed Business Lockdown Payment (CBLP)
Type of businesses that can apply: One-off payment to business rated premises mandated to close from 5 Jan 2021.
Dates applicable: Eligible businesses are entitled to a grant that covers a fixed 42-day period from 5 Jan 2021 to 15 Feb 2021.
How to apply: If you were eligible for the LRSG (Closed) Addendum 5 Jan – 15 Feb 2021, payment for this one-off grant will be made automatically
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) – Discretionary grant for National Lockdown and Tier 3 restrictions
Types of businesses that can apply: For business rated and non-business rated premises. This scheme provides financial support to businesses unable to access the LRSG (Closed) Addendum scheme and for top up support to LRSG schemes whilst Hambleton is placed under National Lockdown or COVID Alert Level Tier 3.
Dates applicable: Businesses can apply for a grant that covers 3 periods:
- National Lockdown for the 28-day period from 5 Nov - 2 Dec 2020
- Tier 3 restrictions for the 5-day period from 31 Dec 2020 – 4 Jan 2021
- National Lockdown for the 42-day period from 5 Jan 2021 to 15 Feb 2021
New applications: If you have not already applied for an ARG (Discretionary) for 5 Nov – 2 Dec 2020 apply here:
Payments: If you were eligible for the ARG (Discretionary) 5 Nov – 2 Dec 2020 you will be emailed and payment of the grant for the Tier 3 restrictions and National Lockdown from 5 Jan – 15 Feb 2021 will be made automatically.
LRSG Open – for Tier 2 and Tier 3 restrictions
Types of businesses that can apply: Businesses (mainly business rated) who were open during Tier 2 and 3 restrictions but whose trade suffered as a result - aimed at hospitality, hotels, bed and breakfast, and leisure businesses.
- 14-day periods in Tier 2 from 2 Dec - 15 Dec 2020 and 16 Dec - 29 Dec 2020
- 5-day period in Tier 3 from Dec 2020 – 4 Jan 2021
How to apply:
Christmas Support Payment
Types of businesses that can apply: A one-off payment of £1000 for wet-led pubs in Tier 2 or 3 restrictions between 2 and 29 Dec.
Dates applicable: Applications close on 28 Feb 2021.
How to apply:
Types of businesses that can apply: This specialist grant is only available to nightclubs, dance halls, casinos, discotheques and sexual entertainment venues that have had to close due to national restrictions imposed on 23 March 2020, and have not been able to re-open because of the restrictions.
Dates applicable: This grant is not retrospective, and eligible businesses are entitled to a grant covering the 1 Nov - 4 Nov 2020 and then from 2 Dec - 15 Dec 2020 and 16 Dec - 29 Dec, 31 Dec – 4 Jan. These are the periods that Hambleton is in Tier 2 or 3.
How to apply:
Further Financial Support
Business rates relief
We are in the process of sending out updated bills for those businesses eligible for the new government reliefs. Please do not contact us about the reliefs; we will issue updated bills automatically if your business is eligible.
If you have a Direct Debit set up against a business rates account, which is eligible for full business rates relief, no payments will be taken for the 2020/21 financial year. You do not need to notify us to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement.
If we do take a payment, and you think we shouldn’t have done, please let us know.
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
CBILS is a new scheme, announced by The Chancellor at Budget 2020, that can provide facilities of up to £5m for smaller businesses across the UK who are experiencing lost or deferred revenues, leading to disruptions to their cashflow. Find out more here:
HMRC Helpline for businesses concerned about paying their taxes due to coronavirus.
Other Government support
For information on the following please see the Government support for businesses page
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax Payments
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay Relief package for small and medium-sized businesses
Businesses should check for daily updates at GOV.UK and subscribe to receive email alerts to ensure they are acting on the most up to date information.