Financial assistance for businesses (Covid-19)
Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs
The Christmas Support Payment is for wet-led pubs that have been required to close due to local restrictions and for pubs that derive less than 50% of their income from sales of food for all or part of the period between 2 and 29 December 2020.
Applications close Sunday 28 February 2021.
For the business to qualify as a pub it should under normal circumstances (without local or national restrictions):
- ✅ Be open to the general public
- ✅ Allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- ✅ Allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- ✅ Permit drinks to be purchased at a bar
- ✅ To be eligible for the grant the pub must derive less than 50% of its income from food sales, and you must have been the ratepayer on 1 December 2020.
- ❌ Restaurants, cafés, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guest houses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos
- ❌ Pubs that derive over 50% of their income from food sales will not be eligible to receive funding through this grant scheme
- ❌ Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis, the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework and all other UK schemes under the terms of the European Commission’s Temporary Framework will not be eligible to receive funding
- ❌ Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
- The grant is a flat rate of £1,000.
- You must apply by the 28 February 2021.
- If you are eligible to receive the grant we will pay you as soon as possible and no later than 31 March 2021.