Financial assistance for businesses (Covid-19)
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) Tier 2/3
Qualifying Grant Restriction Periods - 2 December to 15 December 2020 and 16 December to 29 December 2020 and 31 Dec 2020 to 4 Jan 2021.
Launched 22 December 2020
Businesses subject to national restrictions in Tier 2 or Tier 3 from 2nd December may be entitled to financial support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) Version 2 scheme.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (open) Version 2 provides additional financial support to those businesses that have remained open but have been severely impacted by the local restrictions, reductions in demand or income as a result of the Covid-19 restrictions within the following sectors:
Find out more information about the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) Tier 2 scheme here:
Grants under this scheme are available to businesses that:
- ✅ Are based in Hambleton District
- ✅ Are rated and assessed for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes – you will need your business rates account reference to apply.(If you do not have a business rates assessment you may still qualify for the discretionary part of this scheme and will be asked to submit supporting information to establish eligibility)
- ✅ Were operating prior to the restrictions being imposed
- ✅ Have experienced a significant loss of income directly related to the Tier 2 (High) Level restrictions
This grant cannot be awarded where:
- ❌ Businesses in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
- ❌ Businesses that are able to continue to trade because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely
- ❌ The business was not operating prior to restrictions being imposed
- ❌ Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of EU State Aid permitted under the De minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Frameworks
Amount of funding available to businesses
The amount available to businesses depends on the rateable value of the qualifying premises. A single fixed amount grant will be paid to each eligible business rated assessment to cover the 14-day period of the current national restrictions. Businesses with more than one eligible property will receive more than one grant.
Rateable value of premises Grant payment per 14 day qualifying restriction period.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 14 day qualifying restriction period|
|£15,000 or under||£467|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£700|
|£51,000 and over||£1,050|
You can also find the new business guidance here:
How to apply
When will I be paid?
You will receive email confirmation to notify you if your application has been successful, unsuccessful or if we require further information. If your application is successful the grant payment will be made directly into the bank account you have provided details for within 2 weeks of being notified. Due to a high volume of applications it may take longer so please bear with us.