Financial assistance for businesses (Covid-19)
Additional Restrictions Grant (Discretionary)
Additional Restrictions Grant (Discretionary) scheme to provide financial support to businesses unable to access the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) scheme whilst Hambleton is placed under National Lockdown or COVID Alert Level Tier 3 (Very High) restrictions anytime from 5 November 2020 until the end of the 2021/2022 financial year. The grant allocation is for the period 5 November to 2 December 2020.
Grants under this scheme are available to businesses that:
- ✅ Operate in Hambleton District
- ✅ Were operating prior to restrictions being imposed
- ✅ Have experienced a significant loss of income directly related to the national lockdown or Tier 3 (Very High) Level restrictions (LCAL3)
- ✅ Those businesses, while not legally forced to close, are nonetheless severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of COVID-1 e.g. businesses which supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector.
- ✅ Those outside the businesses rates system that are legally forced to close
This grant cannot be awarded where:
- ❌ Previous applicants that have already applied
- ❌ Businesses in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
- ❌ Businesses that are able to continue to trade because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely
- ❌ Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to
- ❌ The business was not operating prior to restrictions being imposed
- ❌ Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of EU State Aid permitted under the De minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Frameworks
For a full list of businesses subject to restrictions or closure, or permitted to remain open, please refer to:
Businesses Excluded from scheme
- Essential Retailers (those permitted to remain open)
- Take-away businesses
- Financial services (e.g. banks, building societies, cash points, bureaux de change, short-term loan providers)
- Medical services (e.g. vets, dentists, doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors)
- Professional services (e.g. solicitors, accountants, insurance agents, financial advisers)
- Post office sorting offices
- Property related businesses that include:-
- Residential/commercial landlord businesses
- Property refurbishment projects
- Buy to let businesses
- Property developers and construction
Amount of funding available to businesses
The amount of funding available to businesses that we've been awarded is £1,831,880 for the ARG scheme. The payment is for the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 financial years, and we will not receive additional funding if we are subject to a further national lockdown or imposed local restrictions. This is a limited resource, so we may not be able to support everyone.
The grant allocations for the current period (5 Nov 2020 - 2 Dec 2020) of lockdown are shown below. One grant will be awarded to each business if they meet the eligibility criteria and the amount awarded will be determined by the assessing the combined impact of fixed costs and loss of income.
To ensure you have everything you need to complete the application you will need to submit evidence of:
- Ongoing fixed business costs for Oct 2020 and Nov 2020
- Income for periods for Oct 2019, Nov 2019, Oct 2020 and Nov 2020
How to apply
Previous applicants need not apply
When will I be paid?
You will receive email confirmation to notify you if your application has been successful, unsuccessful or if we require further information. If you are successful it will be our intention to make payment week commencing 25 January 2021.
If your application is successful the grant payment will be made directly into the bank account you have provided details for. This is a discretionary payment scheme and each claim will be judged on its own merits.