Financial assistance for businesses (Covid-19)
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)* Addendum
*note the terminology “closed” refers to the government’s name for the scheme and is not a reference to unavailability of the scheme
Launched Monday 16 November 2020
Businesses subject to national restrictions from 5 November may be entitled to financial support through the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum scheme.
Grants under this scheme are available to businesses that:
- ✅ Are based in Hambleton District
- ✅ Are rated and assessed for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes – you will need your business rates account reference to apply
- ✅ Were operating prior to the restrictions being imposed
- ✅ Have been ordered to stop operating by the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 or are operating in a substantively reduced way due to restrictions (such as restaurants or pubs running take-away services or shops running click & collect)
This grant cannot be awarded where:
- ❌ The business is not rated for Non-Domestic Rates (business rates) purposes
- ❌ The business has not been ordered to stop operations
- ❌ The business was not operating prior to restrictions being imposed
For a full list of businesses subject to restrictions or closure, or permitted to remain open, please refer to Schedule 2 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020.
Amount of funding available to businesses
The amount available to businesses depends on the rateable value of the qualifying premises. A single fixed amount grant will be paid to each eligible business rated assessment to cover the four-week period of the current national restrictions. Businesses with more than one eligible property will receive more than one grant.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 4 weeks|
|£15,000 or under||£1,334|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£2,000|
|£51,000 and over||£3,000|
You can also find the new business guidance here:
How to apply
When will I be paid?
You will receive email confirmation to notify you if your application has been successful, unsuccessful or if we require further information. If you are successful it will be our intention to make payment within 2 weeks however due to a high volume of applications it may take longer so please bear with us.