Garden waste service
Terms and conditions
- Subscriptions for the 2020/21 service are valid Monday 30 March 2020 - Friday 26 March 2021.
- Subscriptions for the 2021/22 service are valid Monday 29 March 2021 - Friday 25 March 2022.
- Each garden waste licence entitles you to use Hambleton’s fortnightly garden waste collection service for one 240L green wheeled bin. One licence per bin is required.
- Only Hambleton District Council green bins displaying a valid licence will be collected.
- It is the resident’s responsibility to ensure the garden waste licence are correctly displayed and secured to the bin. Failure will result in non-collection.
- Bins must be presented at the curtilage of the property or allocated collection point by 6am on the day of collection. Reports of missed bins will not be justified if you fail to do this.
- Genuine missed collections must be reported within 48 hours. An investigation will take place.
- Bins deemed too heavy (in excess of 96kg) will be left due to health and safety concerns. It is the resident’s responsibility to remove garden waste to enable collection.
- Contaminated bins will not be emptied. A label will advise the offending material to be removed before the next collection.
- Licences are not transferable, non-refundable and are only valid for the property for which they were purchased.
- There are no exemptions, concessions or discounts for joining at a later date.
- Please allow up to 10 working days for licences to arrive by post. If you have not received a licence in this time please call 01609 779977.
- The scheme applies to domestic properties only. Commercial properties are not eligible to join.
- Neighbours can share bins but must present the bin at the curtilage of the subscribing property. We will not enter into any disputes.
- Licences go on sale early December for the next service period. Ample time is given to purchase licences prior to service commencement. Late purchases may result in licences not arriving until after collections have taken place, we will not empty bins that do not display a valid licence. There will be no amnesty collection as a result of late purchases, you must wait for your licence to arrive before presenting your bin for collection.
- Generally collections are amended to accommodate bank holidays. Please check the collections calendar at hambleton.gov.uk
- The council reserves the right to cancel collections in the event of severe weather. For frozen or part emptied bins residents can contact the council to request garden waste sacks and stickers.
- Assisted collections can be arranged. If you are already in receipt of an assisted collection for household waste this will be applied to garden waste collections.
- Hambleton District Council reserves the right to vary the charge and service on an annual basis. Your collection day may change. You will receive prior notice of this.
- Misuse of the garden waste scheme will result in removal from the service. There will be no refund and the green bins will be removed from the property. Residents have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of purchase. If you exercise your right to cancel within 14 days but have received at least one collection, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement. Likewise, if you choose to cancel after the 14-day period, there will be no refund provided.
You can find these for download here: