Tell us you're moving

Into Hambleton

If you are moving into Hambleton from another area, or if you are moving within Hambleton but were not responsible for council tax at your old house (for example, if you lived with your parents), you should use this form.

You should use this form even if you're not moving into the property right away.

You can tell us up to 31 days in advance of your moving date.

Moving into the Hambleton area

To complete this form you will need:

  • the address and the postcode of your current property
  • the address and the postcode of the property you are moving to
  • landlord or agent details for your current and new properties (if renting)
  • previous owner or solicitor details (if buying)
  • your phone number or email address

New build properties

Some properties, particularly new builds, may not be registered on our system or have a council tax valuation band assigned.

When dealing with a move into a property that isn’t registered on our systems, you can still use our standard form to advise us of a change in occupancy. We will process the form and add the property to our systems as well as registering it with the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) for banding. A bill will be issued with a provisional banding to allow you to make payments.

The VOA will then band the property and confirmation will be sent in writing to you and to ourselves.

Once the property is banded, a formal bill will be processed and posted to the bill payer.

rating button