Tell us you're moving
If you are responsible for council tax and are moving from one Hambleton address to another, you should use this form.
If you are moving from a property where you were not liable for Council Tax (for example, if you lived with your parents), you need to use the Moving into the Hambleton Area form instead.
If you are moving in with your parents, friends, or family, you need to use the Moving out of the Hambleton Area form as well.
You can tell us up to 31 days in advance of your moving date.
We will transfer any credit from your current account to your new account.
If any closing payment is required at the old address, we will send you a final bill for any balance due. That bill will be due for immediate payment.
To complete this form you will need:
- the address and the postcode of your current property
- the address and the postcode of the property you are moving to
- the date you will move out of your current property
- the completion and move in dates for your new property (if buying)
- your tenancy end date for your current property and your new tenancy start date (if renting)
- landlord or agent details for your current and new properties (if renting)
- your phone number or email address
New build properties
Some properties, particularly new builds, may not be registered on our system or have a council tax valuation band assigned.
When dealing with a move into a property that isn’t registered on our systems, you can still use our standard form to advise us of a change in occupancy. We will process the form and add the property to our systems as well as registering it with the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) for banding. A bill will be issued with a provisional banding to allow you to make payments.
The VOA will then band the property and confirmation will be sent in writing to you and to ourselves.
Once the property is banded, a formal bill will be processed and posted to the bill payer.