Get involved

There are a number of ways that you can get involved in your local community in Hambleton and make your voice heard:

Area Partnerships

Local community groups called Area Partnerships have been set up to actively address local issues. Contact your local Town or Parish Council for more information here:

Contact us online

An online form to voice your opinion is a permanent feature on this website, and it is available here:


Links to any current online consultations can be found here:

Community and citizens' forums

There are a number of organisations which are independent of the council, but have an impact on its service areas:


An online collection of signatures about issues the Council has responsibilities or duties to deal with. Anyone who works, lives or studies in the region can participate.

Local councillor

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. Contact your local councillor directly:

Local Parish and Town Councils

Parish and Town councils represent local residents and provide services to meet local needs:

North Yorkshire Partnerships

We are also working with other organisations in North Yorkshire such as the county and borough councils and the Police to make sure we are joining up existing and new consultation and engagement. In this way we should avoid duplication, save resources and get a clearer view of how we can all improve our services. For more details of this work please visit the North Yorkshire Partnerships website:

Public petitions

We welcome petitions and recognise that petitions are one way in which people can let us know their concerns.

A petition is normally a request for action supported by a number of residents and all petitions sent or presented to the Council will receive an acknowledgement from the Council within 10 working days of receipt. 

rating button