Large and bulky waste collection
Due to COVID-19 we will recommence this service from 22 June 2020, however we will be reinforcing the following restrictions:
- all items must be available for collection at the edge of the property nearest the highway,
- we are unable to knock on doors to gain access to garages or back gardens,
- under no circumstances can we enter properties.
For updates and more information, see our coronavirus information pages here:
We will remove household waste items by special arrangement for which a minimum charge of £54.10 is payable for up to 4 items.
This service includes the collection of furniture and white goods from a domestic property and items you would normally take with you when moving house. We will not remove fixtures and fittings or DIY waste. We will only remove items smaller than 6ft which can be lifted by 2 operatives.
A minimum charge of £54.10 is payable for up to 4 items (can include a maximum of 2 white goods). We cannot give exact prices for this service as various factors have to be taken into consideration such as the location and type of items. This often requires the Visiting Officer confirming the fee after the officer has viewed what has to be collected.
All items to be collected must be left at the edge of the property nearest the highway for collection, we will not collect from inside the property.
Access to collect items must be clear.
What can be collected
The following is a list of what we can collect. We can't list everything, so if in doubt contact us:
- Armchairs / chairs
- Bed base, mattress, headboard (counts as 1 Item)
- Bedroom furniture
- Carpets / underlay / lino
- Childrens' toys
- Christmas trees (max 4ft)
- Computers (inc monitors) / laptops
- Computer chairs / tables
- Cookers / dishwashers
- Dining room chairs / tables (counts as 2 items)
- DIY tools (eg drill, hammer, saw)
- Electric radiators / storage heaters (if bricks are removed)
- Exercise equipment (eg treadmill)
- Fridges / freezers
- Amercian style fridge freezer (counts as 2 items)
- Garden waste (bagged / bundled) up to 10 x 60L. Split bags will be left.
- Gardening tools (eg strimmer, fork)
- Lawn mower (electric / petrol – fuel must be removed)
- Living room furniture (eg cabinets)
- Kitchen equipment (eg kettle, toaster)
- Prams / push chairs
- Sofas (2 seater and 3 seater)
- Stereos / hi-fis / speakers
- Video / DVD players
- Washing machines/tumble dryers
- 3 piece suite (counts as 2 items)
Items we can NOT collect
- Aerials / satellite dishes
- Baths, sinks, toilets, bidets
- Builders waste (eg rubble)
- Bunkers (concrete / metal)
- Car / motor parts (eg tyres)
- Cast iron metals (eg pipes, baths)
- Concrete posts
- Doors (internal / external)
- Fence panels
- Fireplace (inc surrounds)
- Garage doors (wood / metal)
- Gas bottles
- Glass (eg. greenhouse, panes)
- Greenhouses / sheds
- Hazardous waste (eg chemicals)
- Kitchen units / sinks / worktops
- Oil filled radiators
- Paint (all types)
- Pianos / organs
- Storage tanks
- Trees, thick branches, bushes etc
- Windows (inc frames)
These items would be dealt with at your local recycling centre.
For further details of this service and charges please contact us.