Clinical waste is:
- blood or bodily fluids
- drugs or other pharmaceutical products
- swabs or dressings
- syringes, needles or other sharp instruments
Hazardous clinical waste
This can only be collected by specialised companies, who have staff trained to collect the waste in a modified and licensed vehicle. All hazardous clinical waste must be incinerated.
Non hazardous clinical waste
Non-hazardous clinical waste such as incontinence pads can be combined into the household domestic waste and disposed of using the black wheeled bin. We do not collect clinical waste from business premises.
Hypodermic needles and hazardous clinical wastes should never be disposed of in domestic waste. Residents and patients across Hambleton can take their full sealed sharps boxes to any of the participating community pharmacies listed below:
- Mills Chemists (20 North End, DL8 1AB)
- Rowlands Pharmacy (31 North End, Market Place, DL8 1AF)
- Coopers Chemist (131 High Street, TS9 6BW)
- Boots Pharmacy (203-204 High Street, DL7 1LW)
- Day Lewis Pharmacy (Mowbray House Surgery, Malpas Road, DL7 8FW)
- Tesco Pharmacy (East Road, DL6 1NP)
- Well Pharmacy (Boroughbridge Road, DL7 8BN)
- Boots Pharmacy (10 High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5DQ)
- Boots Pharmacy (28 Market Place, YO7 1LU)
- Tesco Pharmacy (Station Road, YO7 1PZ)
Sealed sharps boxes can also be returned by appointment to our Waste and Street Scene department. Please call 01609 779977 to arrange appointment.
We do not collect from private properties.