Council Tax discounts

Band reductions for disabilities

You may be able to get a reduction in your Council Tax if you are disabled or you have a disabled person living with you who needs to use a wheelchair indoors, or if the property has:

  • an additional bathroom or kitchen especially for the disabled person
  • another room (which isn't primarily a bedroom) used mainly to meet the disabled person's special needs

How to apply

An application must be made in writing. The property will be inspected by a council officer before a decision is made. Contact us here:

A successful application may have the effect of reducing your bill as if the property was in a lower band. If your property is in the lowest band, we still may be able to reduce your bill. 

Find out more about Council Tax bands here:


rating button