Father Christmas paid a visit to Northallerton’s Civic Centre this week to collect the food and gift parcels donated by staff, councillors and residents for the Hambleton Foodshare project
Hambleton District Council Leader, Councillor Mark Robson, handed over the gifts which will be issued to people from the district who are in temporary financial need.
Thirsk and Northallerton are hosting markets throughout the Christmas season.
But the regular Hambleton District Council run markets may have slight changes to opening hours over the festive period.
Thirsk operates as normal with markets on Saturdays and Mondays whilst Northallerton’s Wednesday markets are brought forward a day to Tuesday December 24 and Tuesday December 31.
Markets resume as normal on Saturday January 4.
- The Northallerton Farmers Market takes place on Wednesday December 18 – a week earlier than normal
Hambleton’s ‘park free Thursday’ scheme is into its second week.
There is no charge in all District Council operated car parks every Thursday throughout December – as well as every day between Christmas Eve and January 2. Normal waiting restrictions continue to apply in the short stay car parks.
The ‘Free Thursdays’ were chosen following talks with business leaders in the market towns as well as with the Federation of Small Businesses.
- Apprentices Take Prizes
- Awards For Hambleton's Unsung Heroes
- Tour De France - Are You The Hambleton Champion
- Budget Consultation Underway
- Bike Gifted To Tour Village
- Finishing Touches To Civic Tree
- Help For Abuse Victims At Christmas - 2013
- Fly Tipping Warning
- Help The Needy This Christmas
- Make Sure Festive Functions Are Legal - 2013